Protecting Your Children’s Health (and your own!) When Visiting the Dentist
Many of you know that I believe mercury played a part in keeping me sick. Because of the fact that I am sensitive to mercury, and because of my extensive mercury research I am convinced that it is important to protect yourself when visiting the dentist. Having bad dental work can definitely make you very sick. It can also be harmful just to be in dentist’s offices if they have mercury floating in the air. The great news is that you can take steps to protect yourself and your family.
Things to Consider When Choosing a Dentist
The first step you will probably want to take is to do some research about the dentist you want to see. For example, If you think that one of your children might need a new filling, you will want a dentist that doesn’t place mercury (silver) fillings. If there is any chance that you will need an old mercury filling replaced-then you definitely need to do your research first. It can be very dangerous to have a dentist remove a mercury filling. It is important to choose a dentist trained in safe mercury removal.
A few other things you may want to ask about when calling dentists offices:
- Some dentists also have digital x-rays-these have way less radiation exposure than traditional x-rays.
- Some dentists have a filtration system to keep mercury out of the air.
What You Can Do After Your Dental Appointment
When I recently took my daughter for a cleaning at a dentist, I took precautions to protect all of us from mercury exposure. Many vitamins and minerals can protect you from the harmful effects of mercury.
I chose to do the following to protect us:
- Activated Charcoal* can actually stick to mercury and usher it out of the body. I swished with activated charcoal and water after the appointment. I also took a charcoal pill and gave one to my daughter also.
- Vitamin C can neutralize the effects of mercury. I gave my daughter a vitamin C pill. I already take wheat grass powder daily and it is high in vitamin C. It is also a good idea to load up on foods high in vitamin C like bell peppers, greens, kiwi, broccoli, and strawberries.
- Zinc and Selenium also play a big part in helping the body detoxify mercury. I chose to give my daughter my mineral supplement for a few days before and after the appointment. (I take my minerals daily already.)
- Magnesium is also important for detox. We take this one on a regular basis. (If you have trouble with magnesium’s slight laxative effect, you can take this type of magnesium.)
- Vitamin E is important for mercury detox. I took this one after I had my mercury fillings removed to help with mercury detox. I decided not to buy that particular vitamin this time (My vitamin budget was already spent :)) So, I ordered sunflower seed butter instead. Sunflower seeds contain high amounts of vitamin E.
It took some work to prepare for the dentist appointment, but I definitely feel that it is very important to take precautions to protect my families health. How about you-have you ever felt it was necessary to protect yourself from mercury?
*If you have never ordered from Pure Formulas you can use my link to set up an account and receive $5 off of your $50 order (shipping is always free with Pure Formulas!) Click here to receive $5. (You will need to enter the code RWPNBF in the referral code space on your order.)
Disclaimer: This post is not medical advice. You should consult your health practitioner before making changes in your diet or supplements. I am not a doctor or medical professional.
You may also be interested in: