How to Stay Healthy During the Holidays
I want you to stay healthy during the holidays. I know that might seem like an odd thing to say, but it is true. One of the reasons I started this blog was to help others stay healthy. I know what it is like not to feel good and I know what it is like to feel good. I want to help others enjoy life to the fullest!
Here are some easy tips to help safeguard your health and boost your immunity during the holidays.
Take some immune boosting supplements
- Cod liver oil-very helpful for keeping vitamin a and d levels optimal.
- Colostrum-helps build good bacteria in the gut and boosts immunity.
- Garlic-very good at building immunity and killing viruses and bacteria.
Eat extra veggies
- Add in vegetables for breakfast. We often eat raw carrots, cucumbers, or lettuce with our breakfast. Sometimes we heat up leftover vegetables. This is an easy way to add in more vegetables to your diet.
- If you are cooking something for a holiday get together cook your best vegetable side dish. That way if some of the other food is not as good for you at least you have a delicious vegetable to add to your plate!
Carry Your Own Dessert to Parties
Healthy desserts can be absolutely delicious! The best desserts contain large amounts of healthy fats and are sweetened with a healthy sweetener (or less sweetener.) Healthy desserts rely on healthier starches like almond flour, coconut flour or fruits and vegetables (bananas, pumpkin etc.).
If you need some ideas, I have lots of recipes on my Healthy Desserts board on Pinterest. Of course, to keep your immune system strong, I would eat a medium serving and not 3 servings. 🙂
Add Extra Herbs and Spices to Your Food
Thyme, oregano, cayenne, garlic, and onions are especially good for keeping your immunity high. We like to add spices to our eggs in the morning. We also like to add spices to our basic chicken and rice meal. Thyme and cayenne taste good together as do garlic and onions.
Treat Illnesses Immediately
If you feel a tickle in your throat or some other symptom, begin taking some supplements right away. If you find out you might have been exposed to a sickness, make sure to start taking some supplements as soon as you can! Some of my favorite supplements to ward off illness are:
- Zinc-this is excellent for fighting off illness.
- Echinacea Goldenseal Plus-Strong formula for helping to kill bacteria and viruses.
- Kids Echinacea-This is alcohol free so kids will like the taste better. You could consider mixing a half dose of this with a half dose of the Echinacea Goldenseal Plus.
Keep taking these remedies for at least 3-4 days after all symptoms are gone.
I hope these suggestions help you to stay feeling good all winter!
You may also be interested in my cold kicker chicken soup.