(Source for book picture)
I recently found a book called It Starts with Food. This book is supposed to help people who have been unable to lose weight to finally succeed (and feel great while losing the weight). It also gives stories of people who were able to make their fibromyalgia disappear. Others claim to have had all their arthritis and Irritable Bowel Syndrome symptoms disappear. Can this be true? I definitely think so! I have written about how Food can be very healing, and I keep writing on it because I believe it has the power to help so many people.
Could Hormones and Blood Sugar be keeping you fat?
It Starts with Food can especially help those who have hormonal dysfunction and blood sugar problems. How do you know if you are one of those people? Here are some of the signs of blood sugar problems and hormonal problems:
- Do you find it impossible to lose weight even when eating less?
- Do you crave sweets late at night?
- Do you feel draggy around 3 o clock everyday?
- Do you wake consistently at 2 or 3 am?
- Do you get cranky if you don’t eat every 2-3 hours? Or need a drink (not water) to help you feel better?
- Do you have a “spare tire” around your waist?
If you answered yes to some of those questions, hormones and blood sugar are probably causing you some problems including weight gain. And It Starts with Food can give you the science behind why this is true. Or you can just skip to the end and find out what foods you can eat to help you overcome your cravings and weight issues.
What about health problems? Who can this book help?
To answer that question, I will give you some examples from the book-
- One lady had Fibromyalgia, Osteoarthritis, and Irritable Bowel Syndrome. By the third week of the diet all her joint pain, muscle pain, and bone pain were gone! She felt much more clear minded as well.
- A type 1 diabetic was able to keep his blood sugar numbers perfect! Before the program his numbers would jump from low to high extremes without any reason.
- Another testimonial was about lyme’s disease: The symptoms were a stiff neck, headache, being tired all the time and hurting everywhere. She had trouble sleeping through the night because of the pain. She states that she “lost every one of my Lyme disease symptoms, and a few pounds as well!”
What Foods Can You Eat on This Diet?
For 30 days, you would eat only healthy proteins, vegetables, fruits, and healthy fats. For example-you could eat the easy real food meal I cooked here. The food is actually really yummy-a meal could be steak and sweet potatoes and broccoli and as much healthy fat as you want. There is also a cookbook available called Well Fed written by Melissa Joulwan. All the recipes in this cookbook are approved by the authors of “It Starts with Food”, and this cookbook gets rave reviews for its delicious recipes!
After 30 days, you would test new foods. First you would add in dairy for 3 days and evaluate how you feel. If you still feel great you would then try eating gluten again (bread, noodles etc.). Again you would evaluate how you felt to decide if you need to stay away from gluten or if it is fine for you. You would keep adding in food groups like this until you had found out which foods make you feel wonderful.
I think It Starts with Food could help a lot of people. It is a committment-but 30 days is a short span of time especially if you are suffering with certain health problems or have been unable to lose weight.
Disclaimer: This post is not medical advice. You should consult your health practitioner before making changes in your diet or supplements. I am not a doctor or medical professional.
Disclaimer: There are referral links in this post, but I only recommend things that I think are awesome! The products are almost always ones that I have used or still use.
This post was shared at Fat Tuesday.